Waskasoo Bible Fellowship was formed in the summer of 2010 by a small group of Christians who had a desire to serve Christ in simplicity and reality. The Vision and Values that Waskasoo Bible Fellowship was formed upon are outlined below.
Waskasoo Bible Fellowship desires to be a New Testament Church that is:
- Empowered and made bold by the Holy Spirit in response to fervent prayer.
- Devoted to:
- Bible study and teaching
- Spiritual formation by mentoring discipleship
- Deep, spiritual fellowship
- The centrality of the Lord’s Supper
- Serious prayer that shakes foundations
- God glorifying worship.
- Non pragmatic, using a God sensitive model for meeting.
- Outward focused, serving the people of our community and the world outside the confines of a church building, being characterized by love, faith, and hope as an authentic expressions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Autonomous under Christ’s leadership and the authority of Scripture and structured under godly elders according to 1 Timothy 3.
- Uncluttered by program, busy through personal witness, and committed to multiplying churches.
- Non segregated, family-friendly, multi-generational, and multi-cultural.
We will not emphasize a church mission statement but rather a personal missionary commitment as follows:
“I will personally proclaim Christ to my neighbors and disciple those who believe toward Christlikeness. My neighbor is anyone whose need I see and whose need I can meet.”
We will value:
- Uncluttered, available lives
- People over programs
- Personal transformation over church activity
- Encouragement over criticism
- Correction over compromise
- Truth over trend
- Authenticity over façade